J&K Goverment to Provide Rs 50 Lakh To Set Up Football Clubs
Srinagar: In a bid to boost sports activities, Jammu and Kashmir government will provide Rs 50 lakh each for establishment of football clubs in villages
across the state.
The announcement to this effect was made by Minister for Youth Services and Sports Imran Ansari at the 132nd Standing Committee meeting of J&K State Sports Council here yesterday.
He asked officers for making efforts to provide advance training in various sports outside the State. Terming sports as the key for channelizing youth towards the betterment of the state, the Minister said the youth of the state already have proved their mettle in the backdrop of recent sports events at national and international levels.
Ansari said the government is trying every bit to create world class sports facilities for the local talent to flourish. He directed creation of IT unit in the State Sports Council for the speedy dissemination of information about sports events.
He also announced enhancement of honorarium of the contractual coaches and Rs three lakh to each district Sports Council for the promotion of sports activities.The Minister said Secretary Sports Council Waheed Rehman Parra will monitor the sports activities and appoint experts for the screening of sports candidates.
Recommended For You
- Mithali Raj Shatters World Record, Slams 7th Consecutive ODI Fifty
- Hockey World League: India Thrash Pak 6-1, to Face Canada in 5th-6th Playoff
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Jason Roy Dismissed in the Most Unusual Way Against Proteas
- Watch: Tubelight Kid Matin Rey Tangu's Adorable Audition Footage