Kabaddi World Cup 2016: England Outplay Australia 69-25
Image Credit: Getty Images.
Ahmedabad: England outclassed Australia with a score of 69-25 in a group A match of the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup here on Monday.
The main architect of England's win was raider Tope who single-handedly scored 20 points for his team. He was followed by another raider, Keshav Gupta, who bagged eight points and after him came captain Someshwar Kalia who got his team eight points.
Kalia was also successful in making four pursuits which fetched his team important points. The pursuits showed that he was alert on the field and looking for all opportunities to score.
Another important aspect of the match was that England scored an all-out on five occasions. Of these three were in the first half and the remaining two in the second.
The half-time score in this match was 35-11 in England's favour. England began dominating the match right from the start and went on increasing its lead with every passing minute.
During the first half, Tope got 11 points for his team while Keshav got five. Keshav was followed by Kalia who got two points.
With this win, England has reached the fourth place in the points table for Group A, led by Korea followed by India and Bangladesh.
Australia, meanwhile can only blame its poor defence, which failed to tackle raiders from England.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology