Kabaddi World Cup 2016: England Outplay Australia 69-25
Image Credit: Getty Images.
Ahmedabad: England outclassed Australia with a score of 69-25 in a group A match of the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup here on Monday.
The main architect of England's win was raider Tope who single-handedly scored 20 points for his team. He was followed by another raider, Keshav Gupta, who bagged eight points and after him came captain Someshwar Kalia who got his team eight points.
Kalia was also successful in making four pursuits which fetched his team important points. The pursuits showed that he was alert on the field and looking for all opportunities to score.
Another important aspect of the match was that England scored an all-out on five occasions. Of these three were in the first half and the remaining two in the second.
The half-time score in this match was 35-11 in England's favour. England began dominating the match right from the start and went on increasing its lead with every passing minute.
During the first half, Tope got 11 points for his team while Keshav got five. Keshav was followed by Kalia who got two points.
With this win, England has reached the fourth place in the points table for Group A, led by Korea followed by India and Bangladesh.
Australia, meanwhile can only blame its poor defence, which failed to tackle raiders from England.
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Watch: Kapil Sharma Leaves ADHM Cast in Splits
- Seven Pakistani Rangers, One Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border: BSF
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day