KT Irfan Wins Bronze in Asian Racewalking Championships
File photo of KY Irfan (Getty Images)
India's KT Irfan clocked an impressive 1:20:59 to win bronze in the 20 km men's event at the ongoing Asian Racewalking Championships in Japan on Sunday.
Irfan's timing came close to his national record-setting timing of 1:20.21 during the 2012 London Olympics, where he eventually finished tenth.
Korea's Kim Hyun-Sub took the gold in 1:19:50 while Georgiy Sheiko of Kazakhstan bagged the silver in 1:20:47.
27-year-old Irfan had won the National Race Walking Championships held in New Delhi in February, clocking 1:22:43.48. He has already qualified for the World Championships in London in August.
In the women's 20km event, India's Priyanka finished fourth with a time of 1:37:42.
China's Wang Na won the gold medal with an effort of 1:30:51. Japan's Kumiko Okada finished second in 1:33:31 while Yeongeun Jeon of Korea took the third place in 1:34:35.
Recommended For You
- Rana Daggubati Makes a Shocking Revelation, Says If He Is Blind From Right Eye
- Kenny Sebastian Interviews Chris Pratt and The Fanboy In Him Does The Talking
- Anushka Sharma: Not Just Acting, She Is Also Versatile When It Comes To Fashion
- Salman Khan's Tubelight Might Not Release on Eid in Pakistan
- Azlan Shah 2017: Harmanpreet Singh - The Next Big Thing of Indian Hockey