KT Irfan Wins Bronze in Asian Racewalking Championships
File photo of KY Irfan (Getty Images)
India's KT Irfan clocked an impressive 1:20:59 to win bronze in the 20 km men's event at the ongoing Asian Racewalking Championships in Japan on Sunday.
Irfan's timing came close to his national record-setting timing of 1:20.21 during the 2012 London Olympics, where he eventually finished tenth.
Korea's Kim Hyun-Sub took the gold in 1:19:50 while Georgiy Sheiko of Kazakhstan bagged the silver in 1:20:47.
27-year-old Irfan had won the National Race Walking Championships held in New Delhi in February, clocking 1:22:43.48. He has already qualified for the World Championships in London in August.
In the women's 20km event, India's Priyanka finished fourth with a time of 1:37:42.
China's Wang Na won the gold medal with an effort of 1:30:51. Japan's Kumiko Okada finished second in 1:33:31 while Yeongeun Jeon of Korea took the third place in 1:34:35.
Recommended For You
- Isuzu D-Max V-Cross Test Drive Review - Lone Survivor
- Pak Cricket Fan Trolled For Comparing SRK's Popularity with Sarfraz Ahmed
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Ahead of Tubelight Release, Know More About Salman Khan’s Biggest Hits
- 2-Minute Exercise: Gauahar Khan Talks About The Benefits of Squats