La Liga: Andres Iniesta Eyes Barcelona Return Ahead of El Clasico
Andres Iniesta is getting ready to make a comeback from injury aheadof the El Clasico at Camp Nou. (Getty Images)
Barcelona: Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta returned to training on Friday following a month out with a knee injury and is hopeful of playing in next month's Clasico, the Spanish champions said.
Iniesta, 32, suffered knee ligament damage in a 3-2 win at Valencia on October 22, but the former Spain star is in line to feature against bitter rivals Real Madrid next Saturday after it was initially feared he could be sidelined for months.
The midfielder has started just three league games for Barcelona this season as Luis Enrique's side trail leaders Real by four points after 12 matches.
The Catalan giants face a tricky assignment away to fifth-placed Real Sociedad on Sunday, with Barca seeking a first league win at Anoeta since 2007.
Turkey international Arda Turan is also unlikely to make the trip to San Sebastian after he missed training due to a fever.
Recommended For You
- Sonam Posts Emotional Message On Her Maternal Grandmother's Demise
- OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Review: The Best Black Phone That Money Can Buy
- Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif Pose For a Fun Picture With Sayani Gupta
- Azlan Shah 2017: India Aim to Begin New Season on a High
- Jennifer Lopez's Latest Outfit Proves There's No One As Bold As Her