Lewis Hamilton Challenges Fans to Design His New Helmet
Triple Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton has challenged fans to design his race helmet for the new season starting in March.
Lewis Hamilton. (Getty Images)
London: Triple Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton has challenged fans to design his race helmet for the new season starting in March.
The Mercedes driver launched the competition on Instagram on Thursday, declaring he was "on the look out for a dope new layout that evolves my current theme and features the candy apple red in my existing design."
Hamilton, the clear pre-season favourite following the surprise retirement of German team mate and world champion Nico Rosberg last month, has changed his helmet design several times over the years.
In his early days and at McLaren, he raced with a yellow helmet in tribute to his boyhood idol Ayrton Senna, the late Brazilian triple champion. That changed when he moved to Mercedes in 2013.
Under Formula One's regulations, a driver's helmet design must be substantially the same for the entire season -- to ensure drivers can be distinguished easily -- but one special version is allowed at a race of his choosing.
Testing starts at the end of February, while Mercedes are due to unveil the new car at Silverstone on Feb. 23 with the season starting in Australia on March 26.
Recommended For You
- Roger Federer Not Keen on his Kids Following in Footsteps
- British Singer Ed Sheeran Gets Engaged to Childhood Friend Cherry Seaborn
- Filmfare Awards 2018 Red Carpet: Ranveer, Shahid, Alia and Kajol Outdo Fashion Classics
- 2018 Upcoming Sedans to Launch in India – Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Toyota Vios And More
- Scuba Diving in Puducherry: An Experience to Withhold!