Lewis Hamilton to Face More Questions in Austin
A file photo of Lewis Hamilton. (Getty Images)
Austin: Triple Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton has been called to appear in Thursday's official U.S. Grand Prix news conference, two weeks after the Mercedes driver criticised the 'boring' format and triggered a media spat in Japan.
Hamilton came under fire at Suzuka for playing on his telephone during the main news conference there, using the Snapchat app to take pictures of fellow drivers and sounding generally disinterested.
He then walked out of a team media briefing after Saturday qualifying, hitting out at "disrespectful" criticism of his behaviour by journalists and saying he was "not here to answer your questions".
The 31-year-old was upset after journalists took to social media to criticise his behaviour and he blocked some British Formula One reporters on Twitter.
A media schedule issued by Mercedes ahead of the race at the Circuit of the Americas listed Hamilton in the Thursday conference, which is organised by the governing International Automobile Federation (FIA).
Formula One's sporting regulations stipulate that drivers must attend or face fines if they do not do so.
Hamilton, who has a sponsor event in Austin later on Thursday, will also be available for broadcasters after Friday practice and is scheduled to talk to written media after Saturday's qualifying and Sunday's race.
Hamilton, who won his third title in Austin last year, finished third in Suzuka and is now 33 points behind team mate Nico Rosberg in the world championship with four races remaining.
The mathematics are such that even if Hamilton wins every remaining race, Rosberg can still win his first championship by finishing second in each race.
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Iraqi Forces Prepare to Retake Key Areas in Mosul
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18