Lionel Messi Falls Sick During Turbulent Flight, To Play WC Qualifier Against Columbia
Lionel Messi was one of several Argentinian players to fall ill during a flight from Buenos Aires to San Juan, according to media reports.
Lionel Messi. (Getty Images)
Buenos Aires: Lionel Messi was one of several Argentinian players to fall ill during a flight from Buenos Aires to San Juan, according to media reports.
The Barcelona forward and other unnamed players received treatment after heavy turbulence prompted them to vomit, Argentinian radio show La Red said on Monday, reports Xinhua.
"It is true the flight was a little shaky, and some of the players were sick, but this is common when you fly through the flight path to San Juan," Argentina team manager Jorge Miadosqui said.
None of the players were at risk of missing the Albiceleste's World Cup qualifier against Colombia in the western Argentinian city on Tuesday, officials said.
Edgardo Bauza's team are currently sixth in the 10-team South American zone qualifying standing with 16 points from 11 matches.
Only the top four sides at the end of the qualifying tournament will earn automatic berths to the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
The fifth placed side will book a play-off spot.
Recommended For You
- ICC Women's World Cup 2017: Team India Report Card
- Suzuki Swift Sport 2017 Unveil on September 12, India Launch Expected Soon
- Mithali, Harmanpreet, Deepti Selected in ICC's Team of the World Cup
- 'Traditional Yet Contemporary,' Say Falguni & Shane About Their Upcoming Collection
- Sachin, Sehwag, Big B & SRK Join Hands to Applaud Mithali Raj & Co