DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Lionel Messi Not to Renew Contract With Barcelona: Reports
Lionel Messi. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Barcelona: Argentine forward Lionel Messi has decided not to renew his contract with Spanish football champions FC Barcelona, according to media reports.
According to the Marca newspaper on Monday, Messi made the decision in July during a family vacation in Ibiza and asked his father to inform FC Barcelona President Josep Maria Bartomeu about his intention, reports Sputnik.
Bartomeu called on the Argentine forward to think twice and reminded him that a release clause in Messi's contract amounted to 250 million euros (about $273 million).
At the same time, there have not been any official contacts between Messi's representatives and the Barcelona officials since July, the newspaper said.
Rising up through the ranks of the FC Barcelona football academy, he broke into the main team at the age of 17.
Since then, he has won the Champions League four times, became champion of La Liga seven times and won six Copa Del Reys along with many other trophies.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- Priyanka Chopra Meets PM Modi In Berlin
- Nuzhat Fought Taboos to Play Cricket, Picked for ICC World Cup