Liverpool Manager Jurgen Klopp Hints At Steven Gerrard's Anfield Return
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has said that Anfield's door will always be open for former star player Steven Gerrard.
The former Liverpool and England captain had announced his retirement earlier as a player, reports Xinhua.
"It is clear that one day in the future there will be something to announce, that is pretty sure too, but until then there is nothing to say," Klopp said in an interview on Thursday
In Gerrard's home city, the Liverpool Echo newspaper said on Thursday night that Klopp had dropped a huge hint that Gerrard will return to Anfield as part of his future career.
Sports journalists were eager to fire questions at Klopp at a scheduled pre-match media session, but the Echo said Klopp was reticent to talk too much about Gerrard, "but he suggested a return was likely in the future," the newspaper reported.
"What I said, and it's a law, that the door is always open for him. From our side if he wants it's an open door and I'm sure he will want," Klopp added.
"And if he wants to make a different career from his former career we want to help him, that's how it is. Nothing else to say and maybe that was already too much."
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: 2GB vs 3GB vs 4GB RAM, Which One Should You Buy?
- Australian Open 2017: Vintage Venus Powers Into Semi-Finals
- Bigg Boss 10: When Salman Khan's Thunder Was Stolen by His Nephew Ahil
- Rekha Sports Ripped Jeans, Breaks All Stereotypes In One Go
- Yamaha R15 v3.0 Revealed, India Launch Likely Later This Year