DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Madrid Open: Novak Djokovic Enters Semis After Kei Nishikori Withdrawal
Novak Djokovic. (Getty Images)
Madrid: Novak Djokovic moved into the semi-finals of the Madrid Masters on Friday without hitting a ball as Kei Nishikori withdrew citing the recurrence of a wrist injury, tournament organisers said.
The world number eight missed the Barcelona Open late last month due to the injury.
"I will plan to play Rome, but we'll see." said the Japanese.
"I cannot promise to play or pull out right now.
"(The) French is more important."
Djokovic will either renew his rivalry with Rafael Nadal or face Belgium's David Goffin in the last four on Saturday.
In the Women's Madrid Open defending champion Simona Halep cruised back into the final for the third time in four years with a 6-2, 6-3 over Latvia's Anastasija Sevastova.
Sevastova hinted at a fightback early in the second as she got out to a 3-0 lead.
But Halep, who is also into the semi-finals of the women's doubles with compatriot Irina-Camelia Begu, showed no signs of lacking in energy as she bounced back in emphatic fashion to win the last six games for the loss of just 14 points.
Halep with face on form Frenchwoman Kristina Mladenovic or Svetlana Kuznetsova in Saturday's final.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?