DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Malaga relinquishe 4th place with 2-0 loss to Espanyol
Malaga slipped to a 2-0 loss to visiting Espanyol on Sunday, wasting a chance to regain fourth place in the Spanish league.
Barcelona: Malaga slipped to a 2-0 loss to visiting Espanyol on Sunday, wasting a chance to regain fourth place in the Spanish league.
On Wednesday, Malaga beat Porto to reach the last eight in the Champions League, but a disciplined Espanyol proved too much for Manuel Pellegrini's side.
After a subdued first half at La Rosaleda, defender Diego Colotto put Espanyol in front in the 49th minute when he fired in a corner kick spilled by goalkeeper Willy Caballero.
Espanyol had little trouble soaking up Malaga's pressure and doubled its lead in the 66th off a counterattack led by Wakaso Mubarak, who raced down the left side and crossed for Sergio Garcia to deftly sidefoot into the net.
Malaga was left in sixth place, while Espanyol rose 11 points above the drop zone.
Recommended For You
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere