Manager Enrique Promises to Return to Camp Nou as a Fan
Luis Enrique promised to return to the Camp Nou as a fan next season as he prepares to take charge of Barcelona for the final time at home on Sunday against Eibar.
Barcelona: Luis Enrique promised to return to the Camp Nou as a fan next season as he prepares to take charge of Barcelona for the final time at home on Sunday against Eibar.
Barca need to win and hope Real Madrid lose at Malaga to claim a third straight title under Enrique, who announced back in March he would not continue as coach for next season.
However, he claimed to have been "privileged" to have been in the role for three seasons.
"When I accepted the job I knew it would be short-lived, no matter how much time I ws here.
"Barca's history is full of moments like this. People come and go.
"I am very proud to have formed part of that history. I am a privileged one and next season I will be at the Camp Nou for many games as a fan.
"It is not a goodbye, but a see you later."
Sunday will not be Enrique's last game in charge, though, as Barca can win the ninth trophy of his tenure in the Copa del Rey final next weekend against Alaves.
Recommended For You
- India vs Sri Lanka: Lakmal Ready to Trouble Hosts Again In Nagpur
- Virat Kohli Heaps Praise on 'Back-up' All-rounder Vijay Shankar
- 6 Steps to Help You Do More Effective Parenting
- Historic First For Indian Pacers at Eden Gardens, as Spinners Draw Blank
- The Journey of Manushi Chhillar: From Changing Lives To Winning The Crown