Mary Kom to Receive 'Legends Award' from International Boxing Association
New Delhi: Celebrated Indian boxer M C Mary Kom is all set to add another honour to her glittering career when she receives the 'Legends Award' from the International Boxing Association (AIBA) on its 70th anniversary on December 20.
An Olympic bronze-medallist and a five-time world champion, Mary Kom is also a Rajya Sabha MP now.
"I would like to thank the AIBA President and officials for this prestigious award. This recognition from AIBA will encourage young boxers in our country to work hard. It is a very emotional as well as a motivating day for me," Mary Kom said reacting to the honour.
"Even after so many years, if people remember you and your achievements it shows their generosity and love towards me. Thank you once again for this award, its a memory I would cherish for my lifetime," she added.
AIBA is celebrating its 70th Anniversary on December 20 during which it will present the award to Mary Kom.
Mary Kom is also a multiple-time Asian champion and was named an AIBA brand ambassador during the World Championships earlier this year.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology