Mercedes Says No Team Orders for Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg
A file photo of Mercedes' Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton. (Reuters)
Silverstone: Mercedes Formula One drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg will remain free to race each other for the world championship after their costly last lap collision in Austria, the team said on Thursday.
However the 'rules of engagement' have been strengthened to include "greater deterrents to contact between our cars," the team added in a statement at the British Grand Prix, without giving details.
So-called team orders, with the drivers told to hold station at a certain point of the race, could be imposed in future "as a solution of last resort" if the drivers do not honour the agreement.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Watch: Oscars Moonlight Faux Pas That Just Created History
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Which Visiting Spinner's Performance in India Has Been the Best?