Miami Open: Rafael Nadal Powers Past Fognini into Final
Rafa Nadal rolled by unseeded Italian Fabio Fognini 6-1, 7-5 on Friday to reach his fifth Miami Open final.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Miami: Rafa Nadal rolled by unseeded Italian Fabio Fognini 6-1, 7-5 on Friday to reach his fifth Miami Open final and a potential rematch of the Australian Open decider with Roger Federer.
The fifth-seeded Spaniard, with a display of powerful serving and opportunistic returns, did not face a break point against Fognini and put his opponent's serve under pressure throughout the 90-minute match.
The Italian came to life in the second set, including a stretch where he erased five break points during his first two service games.
But at 5-5, just when it looked as if Fognini might force a decisive third set, he double faulted and Nadal got his break before sealing the match four points later.
Recommended For You
- Can Cristiano Ronaldo Repeat History in Season's First Madrid Derby?
- Bigg Boss 11: Hina Khan to Get Evicted This Week?
- Tesla Semi Electric Truck Unveiled, Gets Electric Range of 800 Km
- Chef Kunal Kapur Explores India Through Thalis in Latest Food Show
- Virat Kohli Joins Hands with Ola to Fight Against Pollution in Delhi-NCR