Miami Open: Rafael Nadal Powers Past Fognini into Final
Rafa Nadal rolled by unseeded Italian Fabio Fognini 6-1, 7-5 on Friday to reach his fifth Miami Open final.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Miami: Rafa Nadal rolled by unseeded Italian Fabio Fognini 6-1, 7-5 on Friday to reach his fifth Miami Open final and a potential rematch of the Australian Open decider with Roger Federer.
The fifth-seeded Spaniard, with a display of powerful serving and opportunistic returns, did not face a break point against Fognini and put his opponent's serve under pressure throughout the 90-minute match.
The Italian came to life in the second set, including a stretch where he erased five break points during his first two service games.
But at 5-5, just when it looked as if Fognini might force a decisive third set, he double faulted and Nadal got his break before sealing the match four points later.
Recommended For You
- 2018 Upcoming Sedans to Launch in India – Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Toyota Vios And More
- After Rio Setback, Vinesh Phogat Eyes Redemption at Tokyo
- The Hidden Meanings Behind the Most Recognizable Fashion Brand Logos
- Kriti Sanon Turns Up the Heat With Topless Shoot For Dabboo Ratnani Calendar
- These Qualities will Determine If You're a Morning or Night Person