Monte Carlos Masters: Bopanna, Cuevas Reach Quarter-finals
Rohan Bopanna and his partner Pablo Cuevas knocked out fifth seeds Raven Klaasen and Rajeev Ram after a three-set battle to progress to the quarterfinals of the ATP Monte Carlo Masters.
Rohan Bopanna. (Getty Images)
Monaco: Rohan Bopanna and his partner Pablo Cuevas knocked out fifth seeds Raven Klaasen and Rajeev Ram after a three-set battle to progress to the quarterfinals of the ATP Monte Carlo Masters event here.
The unseeded Indo-Uruguay pair pipped the Protea-American combination 6-7(6) 6-4 10-6 in the pre-quarterfinals.
They next face top seeded team of Henri Kontinen from Finland and Australia's John Peers, who ensured exit of NovakDjokovic and Victor Troicki with a 6-3 6-4 win.
The Monte Carlo Masters is fifth tournament Bopanna is playing with Cuevas and this is their best performance together after joining forces at the beginning of the season.
Bopanna won the season-opening ATP 250 Chennai Open with compatriot Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan and reached final of ATP 500 Dubai Championships with Polish partner Marcin Matkowski.
Recommended For You
- Jasprit Bumrah 'Spotted in Pakistan' During Independence Cup
- Salman Khan Recreates Judwaa Magic With Jacqueline Fernandez
- MS Dhoni Must Credit Kohli For Resurgence, Says Sourav Ganguly
- Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Kiku Sharda Talk About The Kapil Sharma Show
- Elli Avrram Tells You About Exercises to Improve Flexibility