Monte Carlos Masters: Bopanna, Cuevas Reach Quarter-finals
Rohan Bopanna and his partner Pablo Cuevas knocked out fifth seeds Raven Klaasen and Rajeev Ram after a three-set battle to progress to the quarterfinals of the ATP Monte Carlo Masters.
Rohan Bopanna. (Getty Images)
Monaco: Rohan Bopanna and his partner Pablo Cuevas knocked out fifth seeds Raven Klaasen and Rajeev Ram after a three-set battle to progress to the quarterfinals of the ATP Monte Carlo Masters event here.
The unseeded Indo-Uruguay pair pipped the Protea-American combination 6-7(6) 6-4 10-6 in the pre-quarterfinals.
They next face top seeded team of Henri Kontinen from Finland and Australia's John Peers, who ensured exit of NovakDjokovic and Victor Troicki with a 6-3 6-4 win.
The Monte Carlo Masters is fifth tournament Bopanna is playing with Cuevas and this is their best performance together after joining forces at the beginning of the season.
Bopanna won the season-opening ATP 250 Chennai Open with compatriot Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan and reached final of ATP 500 Dubai Championships with Polish partner Marcin Matkowski.
Recommended For You
- BCCI Keen to Support Women’s Cricket, But IPL a Distant Dream
- ICW 2017: Anamika Khanna Talks About Her Collection Luxury 2017
- SRK-Diplo's Swagger Look from Jab Harry Met Sejal's Song Phurrr is Out!
- CBFC Revising Committee Clears Indu Sarkar With Fewer Cuts
- 'Traditional Yet Contemporary,' Say Falguni & Shane About Their Upcoming Collection