Monte Carlos Masters: Bopanna, Cuevas Reach Quarter-finals
Rohan Bopanna and his partner Pablo Cuevas knocked out fifth seeds Raven Klaasen and Rajeev Ram after a three-set battle to progress to the quarterfinals of the ATP Monte Carlo Masters.
Rohan Bopanna. (Getty Images)
Monaco: Rohan Bopanna and his partner Pablo Cuevas knocked out fifth seeds Raven Klaasen and Rajeev Ram after a three-set battle to progress to the quarterfinals of the ATP Monte Carlo Masters event here.
The unseeded Indo-Uruguay pair pipped the Protea-American combination 6-7(6) 6-4 10-6 in the pre-quarterfinals.
They next face top seeded team of Henri Kontinen from Finland and Australia's John Peers, who ensured exit of NovakDjokovic and Victor Troicki with a 6-3 6-4 win.
The Monte Carlo Masters is fifth tournament Bopanna is playing with Cuevas and this is their best performance together after joining forces at the beginning of the season.
Bopanna won the season-opening ATP 250 Chennai Open with compatriot Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan and reached final of ATP 500 Dubai Championships with Polish partner Marcin Matkowski.
Recommended For You
- AB de Villiers Ruled Out of T20 Series With Knee Injury
- New World No.1 Federer Wins Rotterdam for 97th Title
- Nolan Refutes Reports Of Him Directing Next 007 Film, Says 'Would Love To Do One Someday'
- Maharashtra, Virgin Group Sign Deal For World's First Hyperloop Between Mumbai and Pune
- The Legend of Burnt Wine a.k.a Brandy Came From the Blandest of French Grapes