New Zealand Beat India 1-0 in Six Nation Hockey Tournament
Image Credit: Hockey India.
Valencia (Spain): New Zealand defeated India 1-0 in the Six Nations Invitational Hockey Tournament 2016 here on Thursday.
Stephen Jenness scored the only goal in the 18th minute to guide New Zealand to a much-needed win over India.
Jenness made it look easy fooling the Indian goalkeeper's poor clearance to give New Zealand the lead early into the second quarter.
Failing to make the most of the chances, India handed over the match to New Zealand, who played sensibly to not allow their opponent to sneak through their defence.
India now recorded their second defeat of the tournament after losing to Germany 4-0 and find themselves in the bottom half of the points table.
They will next play Argentina on Saturday.
Recommended For You
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner