Olivier Giroud's Scorpion Special Helps Arsenal Ease Past Palace
Olivier Giroud scored with a superb, improvised backheeled volley as Arsenal eased past struggling Crystal Palace with a 2-0 win that moved them into third spot in the Premier League on Sunday.
Arsenal's Olivier Giroud. (Reuters Images)
London: Olivier Giroud scored with a superb, improvised backheeled volley as Arsenal eased past struggling Crystal Palace with a 2-0 win that moved them into third spot in the Premier League on Sunday.
The France international produced a flying scorpion-like flick with his left heel to convert Alexis Sanchez's cross while tumbling forward following an Arsenal counter-attack, which helped build with another neat flick, in the 17th minute.
While Arsenal's first goal was a stunning piece of improvisation their second after 55 minutes was a messy affair with Alex Iwobi's looping header dropping in via Palace defender Joel Ward who failed to make a goalline clearance.
But Arsenal were dominant as they moved above Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur into third, nine points behind rampant leaders Chelsea and one ahead of Tottenham Hotspur, who beat Watford 4-1 away earlier on Sunday.
Recommended For You
- Delhi Air Pollution – How Tesla Semi EV Truck Makes a Perfect Sense?
- Virat Kohli Heaps Praise on 'Back-up' All-rounder Vijay Shankar
- Jurassic World 2 First Glimpse Sees Chris Pratt Treating Ancient Predators Like Pets
- OnePlus 5T vs Samsung Galaxy S8 [Specs]: The 'Flagship Killer' Certainly Lands a Few Death Blows
- Historic First For Indian Pacers at Eden Gardens, as Spinners Draw Blank