Olivier Giroud's Scorpion Special Helps Arsenal Ease Past Palace
Olivier Giroud scored with a superb, improvised backheeled volley as Arsenal eased past struggling Crystal Palace with a 2-0 win that moved them into third spot in the Premier League on Sunday.
Arsenal's Olivier Giroud. (Reuters Images)
London: Olivier Giroud scored with a superb, improvised backheeled volley as Arsenal eased past struggling Crystal Palace with a 2-0 win that moved them into third spot in the Premier League on Sunday.
The France international produced a flying scorpion-like flick with his left heel to convert Alexis Sanchez's cross while tumbling forward following an Arsenal counter-attack, which helped build with another neat flick, in the 17th minute.
While Arsenal's first goal was a stunning piece of improvisation their second after 55 minutes was a messy affair with Alex Iwobi's looping header dropping in via Palace defender Joel Ward who failed to make a goalline clearance.
But Arsenal were dominant as they moved above Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur into third, nine points behind rampant leaders Chelsea and one ahead of Tottenham Hotspur, who beat Watford 4-1 away earlier on Sunday.
Recommended For You
- Axar Patel Replaces Ravindra Jadeja for the Last Two Australia ODIs
- Did India Make Fun of Aussie Batting Collapse in Third ODI?
- Padmavati Row: Karni Sena Burns Posters of Bhansali's Magnum Opus
- Kareena-Karisma, Khushi-Jhanvi Slay At The Ambani Bash
- Superman MS Dhoni Sets New Wicket-keeping Record in Indore