Olympic 800m Champ Rudisha Named Event Ambassador of Mumbai Marathon
Reigning Olympic and World 800m champion David Rudisha was on Saturday named the international event Ambassador of the 14th edition of the Mumbai Marathon, to be held on January 15.
David Rudisha. (Getty Images)
Mumbai: Reigning Olympic and World 800m champion David Rudisha was on Saturday named the international event Ambassador of the 14th edition of the Mumbai Marathon, to be held on January 15.
The 28-year-old Kenyan middle-distance runner retained his Olympic 800m title with an imperious display at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games with a run of 1:42.15, the fastest time in the world since he took the gold in London four years before in a world record 1:40.91.
"I am delighted to be a part of the prestigious Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon. After experiencing first-hand the warm hospitality and talent at the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon, I look forward to my visit in Mumbai," Rudisha said in a statement.
"I am very happy to be associated with an event that has taken India, and indeed the rest of the world, by storm and helped ignite the running movement in India. l hope my presence will serve as an inspiration to all participants," he added.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 11: Twitter Loses Its Collective Calm As Hina Khan Calls Africa a 'Country'
- Canadian Filmmaker Elisa Paloschi on Documenting The Inspiring Life of South India's First Female Taxi Driver
- Inside Photos from Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma's Wedding After Party
- Volvo XC60 Test Drive Review – Safe Haven
- How to Improve Your Child's IQ during 6 different Stages?