Olympic Champion Eliud Kipchoge To Run Airtel Delhi Half Marathon
Eliud Kipchoge. (Picture Credit: Getty Images)
New Delhi: Kenyas Rio Olympic marathon champion Eliud Kipchoge is all set to participate in the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon, to be held on November 20.
Kipchoge has put together a winning streak of seven successive marathons and is unbeaten over the classic distance in the last three years.
However, the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon will be his first outing over a shorter distance since he finished sixth at the Ras Al Khaimah Half Marathon in February 2015.
Commenting about the upcoming marathon, Kipchoge said: "It's six years down the line since the Commonwealth Games were held in Delhi, where I got the silver medal in the 5000m. I have great memories of my last visit to India and now I am ready to come back in a different capacity as a road racer."
"India is one of the world's biggest hubs of technology and business but I am looking forward to visiting the country and once again experiencing competitive sport in India," he added.
Airtel Delhi half marathon is India's leading road race over the Half Marathon distance since it was inaugurated in 2005 and it is renowned among the world's top distance runners for its fast course, which has seen seven of the last eight men's races won under 60 minutes.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines