Olympic Champions Yelena Vesnina, Yekaterina Makarova named Russian Tennis Duo of The Year
Moscow: Russia's Yelena Vesnina and Yekaterina Makarova have been named their country's tennis duo of the year.
This was announced at the 23rd ceremony to present the annual national tennis award Russian Cup for those contributing to the development of the sport in the country, reports Tass.
Makarova-Vesnina clinched gold in the women's doubles event at the Rio Olympics in August.
"This is a very special year for Russian tennis and for us," Vesnina said on Monday.
"The Olympic Games were top priority for us. We dreamed about them since childhood. It was the dream of our heart to win gold medals, and when this happened, it was a great joy."
"But this would not have happened without our background - our coaches, parents, the people who believed in us," she added.
"I hope we have inspired boys and girls. One must believe in his or her dream, not to abandon it but work a lot instead."
Recommended For You
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- Making of AmmaA Viral Post on Jayalalithaa Highlights the Odds She Fought to Become Tamil Nadu's Iron Lady
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly
- PARTNERSHIP ENDSWorld Number Two Novak Djokovic Splits With Coach Boris Becker
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video