DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Olympic Champions Yelena Vesnina, Yekaterina Makarova named Russian Tennis Duo of The Year
Moscow: Russia's Yelena Vesnina and Yekaterina Makarova have been named their country's tennis duo of the year.
This was announced at the 23rd ceremony to present the annual national tennis award Russian Cup for those contributing to the development of the sport in the country, reports Tass.
Makarova-Vesnina clinched gold in the women's doubles event at the Rio Olympics in August.
"This is a very special year for Russian tennis and for us," Vesnina said on Monday.
"The Olympic Games were top priority for us. We dreamed about them since childhood. It was the dream of our heart to win gold medals, and when this happened, it was a great joy."
"But this would not have happened without our background - our coaches, parents, the people who believed in us," she added.
"I hope we have inspired boys and girls. One must believe in his or her dream, not to abandon it but work a lot instead."
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: No Room for Mistakes, Says Kane Williamson
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Andy Murray Struggles With Illness on French Open Eve: Reports
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment