Paes-Begemann Fall in Finals of Tashkent ATP Challenger
A file photo of Leander Paes. (Getty Images)
Tashkent: India's Leander Paes and his German partner Andre Begemann went down fighting against local hero Denis Istomin and Mikhail Elgin of Russia in the doubles finals of the ninth edition of the USD 125000 Tashkent ATP Challenger here today.
The third seeded Indo-German pair lost 4-6, 2-6 to Elgin and Istomin at the Olympic Tennis School here.
The winners of the event will get 125 ATP points and USD 7750 while the runners up got USD 4500 and 75 points.
Paes had won Biella event with Begemann and the Busan tournament with Sam Groth early in the season.
The veteran Indian is yet to win a title, an ATP World Tour this season. This is his third runners-up finishes after Winston-Salem and St Petersburg.
Recommended For You
- Pacer Sreesanth Denied NOC to Play in Scotland League
- Oscars 2017: La La Land Leads Academy Award Nominations
- Australian Open 2017: Roger Federer Masterclass Floors Mischa Zverev
- Oscars 2017: La La Land to Moana; Listen to the Nominees of Best Original Score
- Yamaha FZ 25 Launched at Rs 1.19 lakh, Gets a 249cc Engine and Bold Styling