Paes-Begemann in Final of Tashkent Challenger
File photo of Leander Paes. (Getty Images)
Tashkent: Leander Paes earned himself a shot at his third ATP Challenger level title of the season by reaching the final of the USD 125000 Tashkent event with partner Andre Begemann, here on Thursday.
The third seeded Indo-German duo annihilated local pair and giant-killers Sanjar Fayziev and Jurabeck Karmov 6-2 6-0 in the semifinals of the hard court event.
Paes and Begemann needed only 42 minutes to win the match, in which they broke their rivals five times.
Paes had won Biella event with Begemann and the Busan tournament with Sam Groth early in the season.
The veteran Indian is yet to win a title, an ATP World Tour this season, but he has two runners-up finishes -- Winston-Salem and St Petersburg.
Recommended For You
- LFW 2017: Sonakshi Sinha Looks Vibrant In Tangerine Monisha Jaising Dress
- Amazon Removes Mahatma Gandhi Chappal Recalling Sushma Swaraj's Warning
- Yuvraj Singh: The Phoenix Who Keeps Coming Back Again and Again
- Sasikala No Replacement, Won't Last Long, Says Jayalalithaa's Biographer
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Deals on OnePlus 3T, Moto G4 Plus, Lenovo Z2 Plus And More