Paes-Begemann in Semis of Tashkent ATP Challenger
Leander Paes and his German partner Andre Begemann notched up a close 4-6,6-4,10-8 win over Oleksandr Nedovyesov of Kazakhstan and Denys Molchanov of Ukraine to enter the semi-finals.
A file photo of Leander Paes. (Getty Images)
Tashkent: Indian tennis ace Leander Paes and his German partner Andre Begemann notched up a close 4-6,6-4,10-8 win over Oleksandr Nedovyesov of Kazakhstan and Denys Molchanov of Ukraine to enter the semi-finals of the men's doubles event of the Tashkent ATP Challenger at the Olympic tennis School here on Wednesday.
Paes and Begemann came back from being 2-4 down in the match tie-break to wrap the issue after Leander's splendid court craft to level scores.
They will now take on local wild cards Sanjar Fayziev and Jurabeck Karimov, who got a walkover from Mirza Basic of Bosnia Herzegovina and Blaz Kavcic of Slovakia.
Recommended For You
- All-New Maruti Suzuki Swift First Drive Review: Everything Done Right
- Australian Open: Chung Hyeon Stuns Djokovic to Enter Quarter-finals
- Jadeja and Umesh Catch Eye in Fun Filled Indian Training Session
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Top 50 Plus Smartphone Deals on Apple, Samsung, Xiaomi, Honor And Others Listed
- Urvashi Rautela Trolled For Sporting A Bold Black Outfit At Filmfare Awards 2018