Paes-Begemann in Semis of Tashkent ATP Challenger
A file photo of Leander Paes. (Getty Images)
Tashkent: Indian tennis ace Leander Paes and his German partner Andre Begemann notched up a close 4-6,6-4,10-8 win over Oleksandr Nedovyesov of Kazakhstan and Denys Molchanov of Ukraine to enter the semi-finals of the men's doubles event of the Tashkent ATP Challenger at the Olympic tennis School here on Wednesday.
Paes and Begemann came back from being 2-4 down in the match tie-break to wrap the issue after Leander's splendid court craft to level scores.
They will now take on local wild cards Sanjar Fayziev and Jurabeck Karimov, who got a walkover from Mirza Basic of Bosnia Herzegovina and Blaz Kavcic of Slovakia.
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Amar Singh is Back Centre Stage; So is Trouble
- In Pics: A Day of High Drama at Samajwadi Party
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: A Brief Profile of the 4 Ministers Sacked by Akhilesh
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where
From Our Network
- Samajwadi Party LIVE: Mulayam Singh Yadav expels Ram Gopal for 6 years from party; Shivpal Yadav says he conspired with BJP- FirstPost
- This co-operative society manager with Rs 8,000 salary is a crorepati - Pradesh18
- Boy tied to pole, mercilessly beaten for stealing cigarettes from a shop - Pradesh18