Paes-Begemann in Semis of Tashkent ATP Challenger
Leander Paes and his German partner Andre Begemann notched up a close 4-6,6-4,10-8 win over Oleksandr Nedovyesov of Kazakhstan and Denys Molchanov of Ukraine to enter the semi-finals.
A file photo of Leander Paes. (Getty Images)
Tashkent: Indian tennis ace Leander Paes and his German partner Andre Begemann notched up a close 4-6,6-4,10-8 win over Oleksandr Nedovyesov of Kazakhstan and Denys Molchanov of Ukraine to enter the semi-finals of the men's doubles event of the Tashkent ATP Challenger at the Olympic tennis School here on Wednesday.
Paes and Begemann came back from being 2-4 down in the match tie-break to wrap the issue after Leander's splendid court craft to level scores.
They will now take on local wild cards Sanjar Fayziev and Jurabeck Karimov, who got a walkover from Mirza Basic of Bosnia Herzegovina and Blaz Kavcic of Slovakia.
Recommended For You
- Bose Dead/Alive: Rajkummar Rao, Makers Hope to Change Entertainment with the Web-Series
- Manushi Chhillar's Outfit Will Go Down In The Archives As Our Legacy, Say Designers Falguni-Shane
- OnePlus 5T vs Samsung Galaxy S8 [Specs]: The 'Flagship Killer' Certainly Lands a Few Death Blows
- Bigg Boss 11: Evicted contestant Benafsha Soonawalla Says, ‘I Played in the House With As Much Dignity As I Could’
- Historic First For Indian Pacers at Eden Gardens, as Spinners Draw Blank