Paes-Begemann in Semis of Tashkent ATP Challenger
A file photo of Leander Paes. (Getty Images)
Tashkent: Indian tennis ace Leander Paes and his German partner Andre Begemann notched up a close 4-6,6-4,10-8 win over Oleksandr Nedovyesov of Kazakhstan and Denys Molchanov of Ukraine to enter the semi-finals of the men's doubles event of the Tashkent ATP Challenger at the Olympic tennis School here on Wednesday.
Paes and Begemann came back from being 2-4 down in the match tie-break to wrap the issue after Leander's splendid court craft to level scores.
They will now take on local wild cards Sanjar Fayziev and Jurabeck Karimov, who got a walkover from Mirza Basic of Bosnia Herzegovina and Blaz Kavcic of Slovakia.
Recommended For You
- Suresh Raina Meets Prime Minister Narendra Modi in The Netherlands
- Apple CEO Tim Cook And PM Modi Discuss Make in India iPhone SE
- Ziva and Zoravar Bond on the Sea Beach in Jolly Harbour
- Kareena, Katrina To Malaika: B-Town Celebrities Attend Manish Malhotra's Bash
- Team India Coach Job: Engineer Has Solution for Kohli's Arrogance