Parupalli Kashyap Crashes Out of China Masters Grand Prix Gold
A file photo of Indian shuttler P Kashyap. (Getty Images)
Changzhou: Indian shuttlers Parupalli Kashyap and Harsheel Dani lost their respective men's singles matches to bow out of the China Masters Grand Prix Gold tournament here on Thursday.
Kashyap lost his pre-quarterfinals battle against third seed Qiao Bin of China 10-21, 22-20, 13-21 in a match which lasted over one hour. Dani was defeated by Sun Feixiang of China in the straight sets 17-21, 18-21.
Kashyap was struggling from the start as he never looked in the contention. On the other hand, Bin displayed some quality game and outplayed Kashyap 10-21 to win the first game.
The second game saw some fight back from the Indian shuttler as both players were indulged in a neck and neck battle till the last point. At the last, Kashyap proved superior and clinch the game.
In the third game, it was the Chinese shuttler all around the court. Kashyap was once again seemed struggling in the middle and thus lost the match and game 13-21 to crash out of the tournament.
In the other match, Dani was completely outplayed by his opponent. However, Dani showed some skills but the experience of the Chinese shuttler outshone the Indian player.
Recommended For You
- Manchester Derby: Fellaini Sees Red as United Hold City to a 0-0 Draw
- Salman Khan Asks Fans To 'Instantly Welcome' Katrina Kaif On Instagram
- IPL 2017: Jadeja Reveals Why Kohli Laughed Hard at His Expense
- Baahubali 2: A Sneak Peek Into The Jewellery Designed For The Film
- Are You the Biggest Baahubali Fan Ever? Here's Your Chance to Prove It