Parupalli Kashyap Enters Pre-quarters of China Masters
Changzhou: Commonwealth Games champion P Kashyap and Harsheel Dani advanced to the pre-quarterfinals of men's singles competition at the USD 150,000 China Masters Grand Prix Gold, here on Wednesday.
Back to playing competitive badminton after recovering from a shoulder injury which he suffered during the Premier Badminton League (PBL) in January, Kashyap took 46 minutes to dispose off Thailand's Suppanyu Avihingsanon 21-16 21-17 at the Olympic sports center.
The former World No. 6, Kashyap will face third seeded Chinese Qiao Bin on Thursday.
Young Harsheel from Mumbai also gave a good account of himself as he edged out China's Yan Runze 21-16 22-20 to set up a match against another Chinese Sun Feixiang.
However it was curtains for Sai Uttejitha Rao Chukka and Sri Krishna Priya Kudaravalli in women's singles.
Sai went down fighting 4-21 21-13 12-21 to Li Wenmei of China, while Sri Krishna lost 18-21 11-21 to China's Li Yun in another match.
Recommended For You
- 5 Title-deciding El Clasico Clashes Over the Years
- Salman, Sonakshi And Prabhu Deva Bring The House Down In Sydney
- 'Looking at Me & Kohli You Can Say Delhi People Abuse More'
- Ranveer, Zoya Attend Ritesh's Homecoming Party For Priyanka Chopra
- When Gunday Cast Decided To Remind Fans Of Amitabh Bachchan's Mohabbatein