Parupalli Kashyap Enters Pre-quarters of China Masters
Commonwealth Games champion P Kashyap and Harsheel Dani advanced to the pre-quarterfinals of men's singles competition at the USD 150,000 China Masters Grand Prix Gold, here on Wednesday.
Changzhou: Commonwealth Games champion P Kashyap and Harsheel Dani advanced to the pre-quarterfinals of men's singles competition at the USD 150,000 China Masters Grand Prix Gold, here on Wednesday.
Back to playing competitive badminton after recovering from a shoulder injury which he suffered during the Premier Badminton League (PBL) in January, Kashyap took 46 minutes to dispose off Thailand's Suppanyu Avihingsanon 21-16 21-17 at the Olympic sports center.
The former World No. 6, Kashyap will face third seeded Chinese Qiao Bin on Thursday.
Young Harsheel from Mumbai also gave a good account of himself as he edged out China's Yan Runze 21-16 22-20 to set up a match against another Chinese Sun Feixiang.
However it was curtains for Sai Uttejitha Rao Chukka and Sri Krishna Priya Kudaravalli in women's singles.
Sai went down fighting 4-21 21-13 12-21 to Li Wenmei of China, while Sri Krishna lost 18-21 11-21 to China's Li Yun in another match.
Recommended For You
- 2nd ODI: De Villiers Stars as Proteas Crush Bangladesh by 104 Runs
- Secret Superstar: How Zaira Wasim Proves Age and Experience Don't Dictate Talent
- Top 10 Cars Sold in September 2017 - Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Creta & More
- Hasan Ali Breaks Waqar Younis' Record in Third Sri Lanka ODI
- Diwali 2017: Sara, Sonam, Alia Look Chic In Traditional Attires At Ekta Kapoor's Bash