Pentala Harikrishna Finishes 12th at Moscow Grand Prix
Indian Grand Master Pentala Harikrishna finished 12th on the leader board at the Moscow FIDE Grand Prix with a total of 4.5 points after nine rounds to gain 10 Grand Prix points.
(Image credit: Getty Images)
Moscow: Indian Grand Master Pentala Harikrishna finished 12th on the leader board at the Moscow FIDE Grand Prix with a total of 4.5 points after nine rounds to gain 10 Grand Prix points.
Playing with white pieces on Sunday, the Hyderabadi lad began on an aggressive note but with his opponent GM Teimour Radjabov equally up to the task, he could not create a favourable opening.
With time running out the World No.16 Indian and his opponent decided to share points after 29 moves.
Harikrishna will now lead the Indian challenge in the third leg of the FIDE Grand Prix when he takes on some of the best chess players in Geneva next month and continues his quest for a spot at the Candidates Tournament.
Recommended For You
- Australian Open: Chung Hyeon Stuns Djokovic to Enter Quarter-finals
- Priyanka Chopra Has An Adorable Message For Malayalam Actress Bhavana On Her Wedding
- Of Being Body Positive And Combating Unrealistic Beauty Standards
- Jadeja and Umesh Catch Eye in Fun Filled Indian Training Session
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Top Upcoming Deals on Smartphones, Electronics, Games And More