DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Peru Striker Paolo Guerrero Rebukes Former Uruguay captain
A file photo of Paolo Guerrero. ( Getty Images )
Rio de Janeiro: Peru international striker Paolo Guerrero hit out at former Uruguay captain Diego Lugano after the pair clashed during a 0-0 draw between Flamengo and Sao Paulo.
Guerrero accused Lugano of striking him with an elbow in the first half of the Brazilian Serie A match at the Morumbi stadium on Saturday and later refused to shake hand with the Uruguayan, reports Xinhua.
"You can see in the television replays that he elbowed me. I'm not going to say any more but I think the referees have to be a little more alert. This type of thing can't be allowed to happen. It was off the ball," Guerrero told reporters after the match.
When asked about the incident Lugano said: "He is a good player, it was something that happened when the ball was in dispute."
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Priyanka Chopra Meets PM Modi In Berlin
- Nuzhat Fought Taboos to Play Cricket, Picked for ICC World Cup
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong