Peru Striker Paolo Guerrero Rebukes Former Uruguay captain
A file photo of Paolo Guerrero. ( Getty Images )
Rio de Janeiro: Peru international striker Paolo Guerrero hit out at former Uruguay captain Diego Lugano after the pair clashed during a 0-0 draw between Flamengo and Sao Paulo.
Guerrero accused Lugano of striking him with an elbow in the first half of the Brazilian Serie A match at the Morumbi stadium on Saturday and later refused to shake hand with the Uruguayan, reports Xinhua.
"You can see in the television replays that he elbowed me. I'm not going to say any more but I think the referees have to be a little more alert. This type of thing can't be allowed to happen. It was off the ball," Guerrero told reporters after the match.
When asked about the incident Lugano said: "He is a good player, it was something that happened when the ball was in dispute."
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology