PV Sindhu Is Now World No 3, Srikanth, Praneeth Gain
New Delhi: Rio Olympics silver medallist PV Sindhu climbed up two places to be at No. 3 in the latest BWF ranking released on Thursday.
Sindhu, who had slipped to number five last week, earned two spots on the basis of making the quarterfinals of the recently-concluded Singapore Open Super Series.
The 21-year-old Sindhu had reached a career-best World No. 2 two weeks ago.
London Olympics bronze medallist Saina Nehwal also jumped up a place to be ranked eighth.
In the men's singles, the finalists of the Singapore Open -- runner-up Kidambi Srikanth and winner B Sai Praneeth -- both jumped as many as eight positions each to be placed at 21st and 22nd respectively.
Ajay Jayaram continued to be the highest-ranked Indian at the 13th position, having moved a place.
Recommended For You
- New Chevrolet Beat to Launch in India on May 25
- Nehra Turns 38: Sachin, Sehwag Lead the Way in Wishing the Pacer
- Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif Pose For a Fun Picture With Sayani Gupta
- Jennifer Lopez's Latest Outfit Proves There's No One As Bold As Her
- IPL 2017: GL vs MI - Star of the Match - Jasprit Bumrah