PV Sindhu Is Now World No 3, Srikanth, Praneeth Gain
New Delhi: Rio Olympics silver medallist PV Sindhu climbed up two places to be at No. 3 in the latest BWF ranking released on Thursday.
Sindhu, who had slipped to number five last week, earned two spots on the basis of making the quarterfinals of the recently-concluded Singapore Open Super Series.
The 21-year-old Sindhu had reached a career-best World No. 2 two weeks ago.
London Olympics bronze medallist Saina Nehwal also jumped up a place to be ranked eighth.
In the men's singles, the finalists of the Singapore Open -- runner-up Kidambi Srikanth and winner B Sai Praneeth -- both jumped as many as eight positions each to be placed at 21st and 22nd respectively.
Ajay Jayaram continued to be the highest-ranked Indian at the 13th position, having moved a place.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 vs OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What Difference to Expect?
- Jaguar Teases E-pace, to Make Global Debut on July 13th
- AB De Villiers to Decide International Future in August
- It Doesn't Make Sense: Konkona Sensharma On Censorship
- Matin Rey Tangu Joins SRK, Salman Khan At Baba Siddique's Iftar party