Rajkot Hockey Ground Gets FIH Recognition
Hockey (Picture Credit: Getty Images)
Rajkot: The Major Dhyanchand Hockey Ground in the city, owned by the local civic body, has received recognition from the International Hockey Federation (FIH), Municipal Commissioner Vijay Nehra said on Thursday.
The Rajkot Municipal Corporation (RMC)-owned turf in Race Course area has become the first ground in Gujarat to get approval from the apex global body governing the sport, he said.
"After developing the hockey ground, we started the process of getting international certification a few months ago. A team of FIH officials visited the ground recently and issued the approval. It has became the first hockey ground in Gujarat to have the FIH approval," he said.
"Besides Rajkot, there are only 30 grounds in the country that have FIH recognition. RMC spent around Rs 5 crore to develop the ground, which was built within a year," Nehra added.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology