Ramkumar Ramanathan Gets Wild Card for Chennai Open
Ramkumar Ramanathan. (Getty Images)
Chennai: Young Indian Davis Cupper Ramkumar Ramanathan has been awarded a wild card for the singles event of the Chennai Open, India's only ATP event on the World Tour.
Ramkumar, who has had a rough year of late, had toppled Somdev Devvarman in the 2014 Chennai Open.
"We have great faith in Ram. We believe he will go a long way in world tennis. Moreover, India's fans love him and will give him all the support that he needs," TNTA president MA Alagappan said in a release.
The singles field will be led by World number six and 2014 US Open Champion Marin Cilic along with world number 14 Roberto Agut from Spain, No. 27 Albert Ramos-Vinolas (Spain), No. 35 Martin Klizan (Slovakia) and No. 48 Borna Coric (Croatia).
Former Top 10 players such as Tommy Robredo and Mikhail Youzhny also return to India.
Recommended For You
- FIFA Fines Brazil, Argentina, Mexico for Homophobic Chanting
- Remembering Vinod Khanna: 15 Films That Celebrate The Actor's Legacy
- IPL 2017: Jadeja Reveals Why Kohli Laughed Hard at His Expense
- Kareena, Karisma, Malaika, Amrita Step Out In Style For Brunch, See Pics
- Are You the Biggest Baahubali Fan Ever? Here's Your Chance to Prove It