Ramkumar Ramanathan Gets Wild Card for Chennai Open
Young Indian Davis Cupper Ramkumar Ramanathan has been awarded a wild card for the singles event of the Chennai Open, India's only ATP event on the World Tour.
Ramkumar Ramanathan. (Getty Images)
Chennai: Young Indian Davis Cupper Ramkumar Ramanathan has been awarded a wild card for the singles event of the Chennai Open, India's only ATP event on the World Tour.
Ramkumar, who has had a rough year of late, had toppled Somdev Devvarman in the 2014 Chennai Open.
"We have great faith in Ram. We believe he will go a long way in world tennis. Moreover, India's fans love him and will give him all the support that he needs," TNTA president MA Alagappan said in a release.
The singles field will be led by World number six and 2014 US Open Champion Marin Cilic along with world number 14 Roberto Agut from Spain, No. 27 Albert Ramos-Vinolas (Spain), No. 35 Martin Klizan (Slovakia) and No. 48 Borna Coric (Croatia).
Former Top 10 players such as Tommy Robredo and Mikhail Youzhny also return to India.
Recommended For You
- Nidahas Trophy: India Take on Sri Lanka in Opener; Final on March 18
- NEXA Beats Honda, Mahindra to Become 3rd Most Successful Auto Brand in India
- Virat Kohli on the Verge of Breaking Bradman & Richards' Record
- Soorma: Sandeep Singh On Training Diljit Dosanjh & The Message He Wants To Convey Through His Biopic
- Salute: SRK Expected to Start Shooting for Rakesh Sharma Biopic In September 2018