Real Madrid Confirm Ankle Operation For Gareth Bale
Madrid: Real Madrid have confirmed that forward Gareth Bale will need an operation on the ankle ligaments he damaged during Tuesday's 2-1 win over Sporting Lisbon.
Bale limped out of the game after around an hour and on Wednesday the club confirmed he had suffered "a traumatic dislocation of the peroneal tendons of his right ankle", reports Xinhua news agency.
The club posted an update on Thursday confirming that Bale will now undergo an operation in London on November 29.
That means Bale will miss the 'Classico' against FC Barcelona on December 3 and the World Club Championship in Japan.
Real Madrid also have striker Alvaro Morata (hamstring) and Tony Kroos (broken metatarsus bone) out of action.
Recommended For You
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw
- Karisma Kapoor, Sandeep Toshniwal Join Kareena-Saif, Sara, Ranbir for a Gala Night
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- IPL 2017: Chairman Rajeev Shukla to Miss Auction in Bengaluru