Real Madrid Superstar Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Goal 50 Award
Real Madrid ace Cristiano Ronaldo displays the Champions League trophy after his team beat Atletico de Madrid at Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, Milan, on Saturday. (Getty Images)
Madrid: Real Madrid and Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo was named the worlds best footballer in Goal.com's annual survey of the best players on the planet, it was announced here on Saturday.
Ronaldo's impressive 12 months saw him finishing ahead of Barcelona striker Luis Suarez and Atletico Madrid attacker Antoine Griezmann.
The Goal 50 list is compiled by over 500 journalists from around the globe.
Ronaldo's place at the top of the list was cemented by a 12 month period which saw the player win both the Champions League and European Championship trophies.
Ronaldo also equalled the record for most goals scored in the competition's history, despite coming off injured during the final.
"It's an honour to receive this recognition again," Ronaldo told Goal as he collected the trophy in Madrid," Ronaldo was quoted as saying by goal.com.
"It's for all my teammates at Madrid and in the national team. I feel very happy and very proud. Nothing is achieved without ambition, personal effort and without a team of colleagues and workers who support you day in, day out. That, day to day, is the most important thing," he added.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: 2GB vs 3GB vs 4GB RAM, Which One Should You Buy?
- Jackie Chan Keeps His Word, Meets Salman Khan During His Visit To India
- Australian Open 2017: Vintage Venus Powers Into Semi-Finals
- Rekha Sports Ripped Jeans, Breaks All Stereotypes In One Go
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Day 3: Deals on Moto X Force, Bose QuietComfort 25 And More