Red Bull Extend Engine Deal With Renault
Red Bull confirmed the extension of its engine supply deal with Renault through to the end of the 2018 season. (Getty Images)
Monaco: Formula One team Red Bull has confirmed the extension of its engine supply deal with Renault through to the end of the 2018 season.
The extension came after a turnaround both in performance of the engine this season and the relationship with the team, after a serious deterioration last year.
The engine will continue to be badged as TAG Heuer, with powertrain developer Ilmor working with Red Bull to enhance the Renault engine.
Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said on Sunday that "after the reconstruction that Renault has undertaken, clear progress has been made which has made it logical to continue."
Red Bull driver Daniel Ricciardo has pole position for Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest