Ricciardo Beats Hamilton, Rosberg in 2nd Monaco GP practice
Red Bull Racing's Daniel Ricciardo on track during the second practice of Monaco GP. (Getty Images)
Monaco: Australian driver Daniel Ricciardo gave improving Red Bull another boost Thursday with the fastest time in the second practice session of the Monaco Grand Prix, quicker than Mercedes pair Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg.
Red Bull struggled for consistency last season but the car's pace is improving, with teammate Max Verstappen winning the Spanish GP two weeks ago.
Ricciardo was more than half a second quicker than Hamilton and .899 seconds faster than Rosberg.
In the morning's first practice, Hamilton led Rosberg and Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel.
But Vettel struggled in the afternoon, damaging his rear wing at the Mirabeau turn and spinning his car at Sainte Devote as he clocked the ninth fastest time.
There is a final practice on Saturday ahead of qualifying.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Sarkar 3 First Look: Amitabh Bachchan Is Back As Subhash Nagre in RGV's Film
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble