Roelants Oltmans Set to Get Extension Till 2020 Toyko Olympics
File photo of Indian hockey coach Roelant Oltmans with the team. (Getty Images)
New Delhi: With the Indian men's hockey team delivering some fine results under his tutelage, Roelant Oltmans' contract as chief coach is set to be extended till the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Oltmans, who served as High Performance Director before doubling up as chief coach following the sacking of Paul van Ass last year, has guided the team to the Azlan Shah Cup silver medal and most recently the Asian Champions Trophy gold.
"Yes, we got a request from Hockey India asking about renewal of Oltmans' contract till 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Looking at the team's progress and his performance, the Sports Authority of India doesn't have any problems. So, we have forwarded the file to the Ministry. So you can say it's in progress," a top SAI source told PTI.
"He has done a great job with the team and he deserves it. Regarding his terms and conditions, there are minute changes which I won't like to get into," he added.
Oltmans said he is looking forward to the extended tenure as he has been informed of an impending extension.
"Yes, I got to know that my contract has been renewed. I got to know it from HI. There are minute changes in my terms and conditions but I am yet to get an official confirmation," he said.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology