Roger Federer sees off Alexandr Dolgopolov to reach third round at Australian Open
Image Credit: Getty Images.
Roger Federer overcame some feisty resistance from Alexandr Dolgopolov to safely advance to the third round of the Australian Open with a 6-3, 7-5, 6-1 victory on Wednesday.
The Swiss third seed had romped through the opening set of their second round clash on Rod Laver Arena in just 26 minutes before the 27-year-old Ukrainian started to assert pressure on Federer's serve in the second.
Federer held firm before applying some pressure of his own, eventually breaking the world number 35 in the 11th game before serving out the set in 45 minutes.
Dolgopolov's resolve faded away in the third, with Federer breaking his opponent's serve three times to clinch the contest in 93 minutes and maintain his quest for a fifth title in Melbourne.
Recommended For You
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- Amazing VoiceThis Kolkata Security Guard's Golden Voice Is Winning Hearts On The Internet
- Amazing videoYouTube Rewind Celebrates Videos, People And Trends That Made 2016 Memorable
- Fascinating!The Circle Trailer: Emma Watson, Tom Hanks Starrer is Dark and Compelling
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly