Roger Federer sees off Alexandr Dolgopolov to reach third round at Australian Open
Federer overcame some feisty resistance from Dolgopolov to safely advance to the third round of the Australian Open with a 6-3, 7-5, 6-1 victory on Wednesday.
Image Credit: Getty Images.
Roger Federer overcame some feisty resistance from Alexandr Dolgopolov to safely advance to the third round of the Australian Open with a 6-3, 7-5, 6-1 victory on Wednesday.
The Swiss third seed had romped through the opening set of their second round clash on Rod Laver Arena in just 26 minutes before the 27-year-old Ukrainian started to assert pressure on Federer's serve in the second.
Federer held firm before applying some pressure of his own, eventually breaking the world number 35 in the 11th game before serving out the set in 45 minutes.
Dolgopolov's resolve faded away in the third, with Federer breaking his opponent's serve three times to clinch the contest in 93 minutes and maintain his quest for a fifth title in Melbourne.
Recommended For You
- Loveratri: Salman Khan Announces Brother-in-law Aayush Sharma's Bollywood Debut
- Phir Hera Pheri Director Neeraj Vora Passes Away
- Brad Hodge to Coach KXIP for 3 Years, Sehwag to Remain Director
- Triumph Bonneville Bobber Review: The Best Motorcycle in India For Less Than Rs 10 Lakh?
- How to Improve Your Child's IQ during 6 different Stages?