DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rome Masters: Zverev Outclasses Raonic to Enter Semis
Rome: Rising German star Alexander Zverev reached his first ATP Masters 1000 semi-final with a 7-6(4) 6-1 defeat of world number six Milos Raonic at the Italian Open on Friday.
Zverev, 20, will face John Isner for a place in the final after the American edged out Croatian Marin Cilic 7-6(3) 2-6 7-6(2).
"It's another stepping stone in my career," Zverev told the ATP's website. "I feel like I have played very well today. I returned very well.
"So I'm happy to be in the semis and playing John tomorrow, who I know very well from our Saddlebrook (Florida) days. It's going to be a great match."
In his first meeting with Raonic, Zverev twice let a break slip in the opening set, on the second occasion failing to serve out the set at 6-5. But in windy conditions he comfortably won the tiebreak and sped through the second set.
Isner served 21 aces on his way past Cilic as he became the first American to reach the semi-finals in Rome since Andy Roddick in 2008.
Recommended For You
- Not Just T20, Want to Do Well in Other Formats As Well, Says Krunal
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer Gives Detailed Glimpse of Vulture
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- 1st ODI: Morgan Slams Ton As England Crush South Africa