Sam Allardyce fined after referee criticism
Allardyce was charged after suggesting in comments that referee Phil Dowd favored Manchester United in his decision
London: West Ham manager Sam Allardyce has been fined 8,000 pounds ($12,500) after being found guilty of misconduct by the English Football Association for criticizing a referee.
Allardyce was charged after suggesting in comments to the media that referee Phil Dowd favored Manchester United in his decision-making during West Ham's loss in a third-round replay at Old Trafford on Jan. 16. Allardyce denied the charge that he "questioned the integrity of the match referee" and "brought the game into disrepute."
The FA also warned Allardyce as to his future conduct.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy