Sania Mirza Slams Media for Focusing on Tax Notice and Not Her Play
Sania Mirza. (Getty Images)
Doha: A day after she denied service tax evasion in response to notices last week issued by the Central Board of Excise and Customs, tennis ace Sania Mirza came down heavily on sections of the media for choosing to focus on negative news rather than her entry into the semi-finals in the ongoing Qatar Open.
Mirza and Barbora Strycova of the Czech Republic entered the women's doubles last-four stage and will take on American-Slovenian duo of Abigail Spears and Katarina Srebotnik later on Friday.
"As to what's going on I think is pretty clear negative news sells a lot more than positive news or achievements I guess!!" she added.
The service taxes division of the customs department had issued notice asking Mirza to appear before authorities on February 16 -- either in person or through representatives.
Sania's accountant appeared on her behalf.
In her report, Mirza said the Rs 1 crore given to her by the Telangana government was a "training incentive".
Recommended For You
- New Chevrolet Beat to Launch in India on May 25
- Rana Daggubati Makes a Shocking Revelation, Says He Is Blind From Right Eye
- Anushka Sharma: Not Just Acting, She Is Also Versatile When It Comes To Fashion
- Salman Khan's Tubelight Might Not Release on Eid in Pakistan
- Azlan Shah 2017: Harmanpreet Singh - The Next Big Thing of Indian Hockey