Sebastian Vettel Disappointed With Slow Ferrari Pace
Sebastian Vettel. (Getty Images)
A disappointed Sebastian Vettel expressed his feelings on Saturday when he said that Ferrari were not at the German Grand Prix 'to finish fifth and sixth' at his home event.
The four-time world champion was almost a second slower than the pace-setting Mercedes team and pole-sitter compatriot Nico Rosberg, as he wound up sixth on the grid.
"I was happy with my final attempt, but it was just not quick enough so it didn't come together," said Vettel.
"Overall, I just didn't feel that comfortable in qualifying.
"It's something that we need to understand, to know where we are missing out to everyone else, to the people ahead of us."
Ferrari team-mate Finn Kimi Raikkonen qualified fifth.
"Overall, it's a decent result, but we're not here to finish fifth and sixth," Vettel added.
"We're here to challenge for pole on Saturday and to win on Sunday.
"We know Mercedes is in superb form at the moment and it is very difficult."
He was defiant about Ferrari's position and the gains apparently made by Red Bull.
"It's not necessarily that other people have made a step, but I think we fell back this afternoon.
"Compared to Force India, as well.
"I think it's fair to say we are not as good as we usually are so we need to work and understand a couple of things."
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1