Serena Williams to Miss WTA Finals Due to Shoulder Injury
Serena Williams. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Serena Williams has withdrawn from this month's season-ending WTA Finals in Singapore citing a persistent shoulder injury, the world number two said on Monday.
The 22-times grand slam singles champion has played only eight tournaments this year and lost her spot at the top of the world rankings to German Angelique Kerber.
"It's been a really tough year for me, dealing with these shoulder injuries. My doctor insists that I stay home and heal it. I only have wonderful memories of playing in Singapore and I will really miss my fans," the 35-year-old said.
Recommended For You
- West Indies vs India: Dwayne Bravo Pays Surprise Visit To Tourists
- Isuzu D-Max V-Cross Test Drive Review - Lone Survivor
- West Indies vs India: Kohli & Boys Gear Up For Series Opener
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- 2-Minute Exercise: Gauahar Khan Talks About The Benefits of Squats