Serena Williams to Miss WTA Finals Due to Shoulder Injury
Serena Williams. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Serena Williams has withdrawn from this month's season-ending WTA Finals in Singapore citing a persistent shoulder injury, the world number two said on Monday.
The 22-times grand slam singles champion has played only eight tournaments this year and lost her spot at the top of the world rankings to German Angelique Kerber.
"It's been a really tough year for me, dealing with these shoulder injuries. My doctor insists that I stay home and heal it. I only have wonderful memories of playing in Singapore and I will really miss my fans," the 35-year-old said.
Recommended For You
- Honor 8 Pro First Look: The 6GB RAM Competitor to OnePlus 3t
- FIFA Fines Brazil, Argentina, Mexico for Homophobic Chanting
- Kareena, Karisma, Malaika, Amrita Step Out In Style For Brunch, See Pics
- Facebook's Adit Vaidya, On How Groups Can Help 184 Million Monthly Active Indian Users
- Are You the Biggest Baahubali Fan Ever? Here's Your Chance to Prove It