Serena Williams to Miss WTA Finals Due to Shoulder Injury
Serena Williams. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Serena Williams has withdrawn from this month's season-ending WTA Finals in Singapore citing a persistent shoulder injury, the world number two said on Monday.
The 22-times grand slam singles champion has played only eight tournaments this year and lost her spot at the top of the world rankings to German Angelique Kerber.
"It's been a really tough year for me, dealing with these shoulder injuries. My doctor insists that I stay home and heal it. I only have wonderful memories of playing in Singapore and I will really miss my fans," the 35-year-old said.
Recommended For You
- CLOSE SHAVEUmpire Paul Reiffel Retires Hurt After Being Hit by Bhuvneshwar Kumar's Throw
- Amazing VoiceThis Kolkata Security Guard's Golden Voice Is Winning Hearts On The Internet
- Amazing videoYouTube Rewind Celebrates Videos, People And Trends That Made 2016 Memorable
- Good Old DaysAishwarya Rai's Recent Photos With Her Dance Guru Will Give You Serious Nostalgia
- Fascinating!The Circle Trailer: Emma Watson, Tom Hanks Starrer is Dark and Compelling