Sergio Perez Finishes 8th For Force India in United States GP
Sergio Perez. (Picture Credit: Getty Images)
Austin: Sergio Perez drove a fine race to finish eighth and secure four points for Force India even as his teammate Nico Hulkenberg retired early following a crash in the opening lap at the United States Grand Prix.
Starting 11th from the grid, Perez jumped up three places to finish inside top 10 and consolidate Force India's fourth position in the Constructor's standings with 138 points.
However, Hulkenberg and bumped into Valtteri Bottas of Williams in the first corner, hurting his race. The German had to retire at the end of the opening lap.
Just not Hulkenberg, Perez too encountered a horrible opening lap as Toro Rosso's Daniil Kvyat spun the Mexican in Turn 11.
Mercedes Lewis Hamilton remained in the hunt for his fourth world title when he stylishly won his fifth United States Grand Prix ahead of teammate championship leader Nico Rosberg at the Circuit of The Americas yesterday. It was also Hamilton's 50th career win.
Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo took the final podium place ahead of Sebastian Vettel of Ferrari, McLaren's Fernando Alonso, Toro Rosso's Carlos Sainz and Williams' Felipe Massa.
Perez, McLaren's Jenson Button and Romain Grosjean of Haas completed the top 10.
Recommended For You
- Team India Report Card: First Test Against Australia in Pune
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Jimmy Kimmel Thanks Donald Trump for Making Oscars Look Less Racist
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Can Virat Kohli and Team India Respond In the Face of Adversity?