Steve Johnson, Sam Querrey advance at Open de Nice
American players Steve Johnson and Sam Querrey each won in straight sets on Monday to reach the second round of the Open de Nice clay-court tournament.
Nice: American players Steve Johnson and Sam Querrey each won in straight sets on Monday to reach the second round of the Open de Nice clay-court tournament.
Johnson had 11 aces and did not face a break point in a 7-5, 6-3 win over qualifier Michael Venus, while Querrey used seven aces and saved the only break point he faced in a 6-2, 6-3 win over Ruben Bemelmans.
Johnson will next face second-seeded John Isner in an all-American matchup. Querrey will face eighth-seeded Juan Monaco.
Also, 18-year-old Borna Coric of Croatia beat qualifier Sam Groth of Australia 7-5, 6-3, and Dominic Thiem of Austria defeated Victor Estrella Burgos of the Dominican Republic 7-6 (5), 6-2.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Team India Series Report Card
- Bharat Stage 'BS' Emission Norms Explained, What Does it Mean and How Does it Impact You
- Samsung Galaxy S8 vs Samsung Galaxy S8+: What's The Difference?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black) Review: The Perfect Phone at Rs 12,999
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia