Tennis Ace Sania Mirza Completes 80 Consecutive Weeks as No 1 Doubles Player
Sania Mirza. (Getty Images)
New Delhi: Sania Mirza has a lot to be proud of as a tennis player, having achieved glory at the highest level over the past decade. But there's one thing that the tennis ace is really overjoyed about and is letting the world know of.
The Hyderabadi girl has completed a whopping 80 consecutive weeks as the No 1 women's doubles player in the world and she shared the news with her fans and followers via twitter.
— Sania Mirza (@MirzaSania) October 18, 2016
The 29-year old became the first Indian woman to become No 1 during the Volvo Car Open in Charleston.
She held on to the position along with doubles partner Martina Hingis for a while and then pipped her to take sole possesion of the top spot in August this year when she teamed up with Barbora Strycova to win the Cincinnati Open.
Sania Mirza is behind the trio of Martina Navratilova (181 weeks), Cara Black (145)and Liezel Huber (134) in the list of players having spent the most number of consecutive weeks as the top doubles tennis player in the world.
Sania has won 40 career doubles titles which includes three Grand Slams.
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- Had Opposed MNS's Rs 5 Crore Demand in Meeting: Fadnavis
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 5
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor