U-17 World Cup: FIFA Delegation to Inspect Venues From October 19
Image credit: Getty Images.
Kolkata: A 13-member FIFA delegation led by under-17 World Cup 2017 event manager Marion Mayer-Vorfelder and project lead Tracy Lu will visit India between October 19 and 25 to evaluate the preparations in each of the six stadiums ahead of the mega tournament next year.
In what will be the second full inspection from FIFA for the tournament, it will be inspecting each of the six stadia and all the designated training sites in each city to gauge the preparations for the youth showpiece event in September-October 2017.
The week-long inspection will start with the Jawaharlal Stadium in Kochi on October 19 followed by Navi Mumbai, Goa, New Delhi, Guwahati and Kolkata.
October is the deadline for the stadiums to comply with standards required for hosting a World Cup match, FIFA head of events Jaime Yarza had said when the world football body's team last visited in February.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game
- Benched Wayne Rooney Happy to Celebrate League Cup Glory