DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
U-17 World Cup: FIFA Delegation to Inspect Venues From October 19
Image credit: Getty Images.
Kolkata: A 13-member FIFA delegation led by under-17 World Cup 2017 event manager Marion Mayer-Vorfelder and project lead Tracy Lu will visit India between October 19 and 25 to evaluate the preparations in each of the six stadiums ahead of the mega tournament next year.
In what will be the second full inspection from FIFA for the tournament, it will be inspecting each of the six stadia and all the designated training sites in each city to gauge the preparations for the youth showpiece event in September-October 2017.
The week-long inspection will start with the Jawaharlal Stadium in Kochi on October 19 followed by Navi Mumbai, Goa, New Delhi, Guwahati and Kolkata.
October is the deadline for the stadiums to comply with standards required for hosting a World Cup match, FIFA head of events Jaime Yarza had said when the world football body's team last visited in February.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835