US Billionaire Frank Mccourt Is Marseille Club's New Owner
Frank Mccourt. (Picture Credit: Getty Images)
Paris: American billionaire Frank McCourt has become the new owner of France's Ligue 1 football side Olympique Marseille, after signing the purchase agreement with previous holder Margarita Louis-Dreyfus.
Under the agreement signed on Monday, valued at 45 million euros ($49.5 million), the 20-year ownership of Louis-Dreyfus came to an end, while a new era will start after several bad seasons that caused problems between the fans and the club, reports Efe.
Marseille is the most successful club in France, as it is the only French club that won the Champions League, in addition to claiming nine Ligue 1 titles and 10 French Cups.
Under the direction of the Louis-Dreyfus family, Marseille claimed a single league title and three French League Cups.
McCourt, who made his fortune through real estate, will have to restructure Marseille, so he appointed media expert Jacques-Henri Eyraud as the new president for that mission.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology