DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
US Billionaire Frank Mccourt Is Marseille Club's New Owner
Frank Mccourt. (Picture Credit: Getty Images)
Paris: American billionaire Frank McCourt has become the new owner of France's Ligue 1 football side Olympique Marseille, after signing the purchase agreement with previous holder Margarita Louis-Dreyfus.
Under the agreement signed on Monday, valued at 45 million euros ($49.5 million), the 20-year ownership of Louis-Dreyfus came to an end, while a new era will start after several bad seasons that caused problems between the fans and the club, reports Efe.
Marseille is the most successful club in France, as it is the only French club that won the Champions League, in addition to claiming nine Ligue 1 titles and 10 French Cups.
Under the direction of the Louis-Dreyfus family, Marseille claimed a single league title and three French League Cups.
McCourt, who made his fortune through real estate, will have to restructure Marseille, so he appointed media expert Jacques-Henri Eyraud as the new president for that mission.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar