Vettel Leads the Way in 1st Practice Session at Spanish GP
Vettel's time of 1 minute, 23.951 seconds at the Barcelona track was about a tenth of a second faster than Raikkonen. Rosberg was .503 slower than Vettel, and Hamilton was 0.660 off the pace. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Barcelona: Sebastian Vettel and Ferrari teammate Kimi Raikkonen led the way in the first practice session for the Spanish Grand Prix on Friday, running about half a second faster than Mercedes teammates Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton.
It was an encouraging start for Ferrari as it tries to end Mercedes' streak of four straight wins for Rosberg to start the season.
Vettel's time of 1 minute, 23.951 seconds at the Barcelona track was about a tenth of a second faster than Raikkonen. Rosberg was .503 slower than Vettel, and Hamilton was 0.660 off the pace.
Max Verstappen, who replaced Daniil Kvyat at Red Bull, was sixth-fastest, behind teammate Daniel Ricciardo.
Kvyat was only 12th fastest in his return to Toro Rosso, Red Bull's feeder team.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance