WTA Rankings: Serena Williams Takes Back Top Spot From Kerber
United States legend Serena Williams replaced German Angelique Kerber at the top of the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) singles rankings released on Monday, with 7,780 points.
Serena Williams. (Getty Images)
Melbourne: United States legend Serena Williams replaced German Angelique Kerber at the top of the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) singles rankings released on Monday, with 7,780 points.
Serena won on Saturday her seventh Australian Open singles title after defeating her sister Venus 6-4, 6-4 in the final here, reports Efe.
Kerber, who fell to second place with 7,115 points, took the top spot in September from Williams, who ruled the rankings for 186 consecutive weeks.
The current WTA rankings and points are:
1. Serena Williams (US) 7,780 points
3. Karolina Pliskova (Czech) 5,270
4. Simona Halep (Romania) 5,073
5. Dominika Cibulkova (Slovakia) 4,985
6. Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland) 4,915
7. Garbiñe Muguruza (Spain) 4,720
8. Svetlana Kuznetsova (Russia) 3,915
9. Madison Keys (US) 3,897
10. Johanna Konta (Britain) 3,705.
Recommended For You
- India vs Sri Lanka: Shikhar Dhawan Falls Prey to Nervous 90s Again
- Taapsee Pannu Gives It Back To Trolls Who Mocked Her For Wearing Short Dress
- Tesla Semi Electric Truck Unveiled, Gets Electric Range of 800 Km
- Virat Kohli Joins Hands with Ola to Fight Against Pollution in Delhi-NCR
- OnePlus 5T Launch Set For Tonight: Here's What The Bezel-Less Smartphone Will Offer