DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Airtel Rolls Out 4G Advanced in Tamil Nadu
Airtel Store. (Image: Reuters)
Airtel on November 25 deployed the 4G Advanced technology (carrier aggregation across TD LTE and LTE FDD) in major cities across Tamil Nadu. Airtel 4G Advanced is now available to people in Chennai, Madurai, Hosur, Vellore, Puducherry, Tiruchi, Coimbatore, Salem and Tirupur.
The deployment will result in a superior 4G experience through considerably faster data speeds and better coverage – indoors and outdoors, Airtel said in a statement. Customers would require devices that support 4G Advanced and will be able to get mobile data speeds of up to 135 Mbps, it added.
The company had launched its 4G services in Tamil Nadu in May 2015 with Chennai being the first city on the 1800 Mhz band using the FDD LTE standard and recently added capacity on the 2300 Mhz band using TD LTE.
With today’s rollout, Tamil Nadu is among the few places globally to have high speed data services over 4G Advanced. The deployment is a part of Airtel’s ongoing network transformation program – Project Leap worth Rs 60,000 crore.
Under the carrier aggregation deployment, the capacities of TD LTE (2300 MHz spectrum band) and FD LTE (1800 MHz spectrum band) have been combined to enable better spectrum utilisation and efficiency.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win